[Arm-netbook] iMX6 EOMA-68 CPU Card

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:22:32 GMT 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM, jm <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 02:39 +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/freescale/iMX6/news/
>>
>> just a brief update - i'm going counter-clockwise round the iMX6 from
>> top left, and have managed to convince the autorouter to make all the
>> critical connections: GPIO, LCD, SDCard, NAND, and so on.  i've found
>> someone with experience with PADS whom i will be paying for their time
>> and advice, to ensure that the layout is correct before they get it
>> printed and populated.
>
> I didn't realize you were doing this by yourself.

 yup.

> (I assumed a third party like Wits-Tech was doing this.)

 nope :)

> Casting a critical ee eye over the project.
>
> The usual way these things are done for this level of complexity
> is to have break out boards and sample/prototyping boards done
> up as quickly as possible to do the testing, and then when they are
> working move for the final board.
>
> To jump to the final board is for the gods that know what they
> are doing and merely redoing what they do already every day

 found someone with that level of experience

> for different customers based from their experience with prototyping
> boards and sample boards they did earlier.

 ... not with this processor though, although he does have significant
experience with DDR3.

 i'm also counting on the boundarydevices team having got the layout
right for the Sabre Lite.  i've not altered the critical areas *at
all*.

 so, a different approach.