[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Carrier Board Concept

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Aug 15 18:09:55 BST 2013

tor 2013-08-15 klockan 04:51 -0500 skrev Christopher Thomas:

>    I spoke to a few of you recently and explained a little of what I
> had in the works for our project.  Spent a few hours and managed to
> get this knocked out, as well as conversed with manufacturers here in
> the US. After doing preliminary BoMs and PCBA Quotes, it looks like I
> can get a pretty good deal on a fully assembled board, still hashing
> out some details, but I wanted to get this out there and hear some
> feedback.

Looking great, but would add an internal power connector. Using for
example the same kind of connector used for floppy drive.

Shrouded header, 4-pin, AMP 171825-4 or similar.

pin 1: +4V
pin 2,3: GNF
pin 4: +12V (unused)

just pinholes on the PCB is sufficient. No need to mount the connector
at factory. A suitable pin header is easily obtained trivial to solder
by hand when needed.

Regards
Henrik