[Arm-netbook] Can't get 512M with MeleA1000

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Sep 19 14:18:29 BST 2012

On 09/19/2012 04:20 AM, stage.nexvision wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've followed closely the wiki on "How to build Debian from source" on rhombus-tech.
> I have a MeleA1000 but no USB serial converter so I can't see the kernel console while booting.
>
> I've a working configuration of the kernel + rootfs, with a debian squeeze.
> Now, I'm trying to get the 512M available for the server, but I'm probably missing something since I can only get
> 395MB out of the 512MB.
>
> Here's my config:
[...]

There are currently nightly kernel and u-boot images being generated.
Among those is one specifically configured to give all the RAM and run
headless.

Documentation on how to use the nightly builds is here.

http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/nightly_build_images/

And the images are here:
http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/nightly/2012.09.18/server/
(This would normally be latest, but their are no images today.)

--
Scott Sullivan