[Arm-netbook] A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card Schematics completed

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:46:48 BST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 01:11 PM, luke.leighton wrote:

>>> If WiFi is on USB-miniPCIe, then you could of course swap the WiFi
>>> module for a 3G module if that better fits your needs.
>>
>>   you do need to plan that in advance, 6 wires go to the sim card slot.
>>   also PCM digital audio on many 3g modules, different on a per module
>> basis!  at least sim wires is a standard.
>
> Are there no modules that come with an on-board SIM slot?

 CDMA ones, yes.  HDSPA ones, no.

> And what do you need a PCM audio for on a modem?

  many of the 3G USB-MiniPCIe HSDPA modems have voice capability as
well.  i've asked Telit for example and they do "digital voice" *only*
as hard-wiring, despite having full control over the software (which
runs a linux kernel) on the actual 3G product itself.  the HE910 is no
different:
http://www.telit.com/en/products/umts.php?p_id=14&p_ac=show&p=125

 the huawei EM775 is (was?) the same.

 etc. etc.  it's only *some* of the 3G usb-dongle modems that have
voice as a USB data channel.