[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000: SATA HD does not work

Kieron Gillespie ciaran.gillespie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 00:33:18 BST 2012

I too have been having the exact same problem with my Mele A1000.
Works perfectly in Android no joy under Linux.

I am currently using Xubuntu Precise Pelican with the nightly
builds from the http://http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/nightly/ as
my kernel. My Mele A1000 is board version V1.5

Still no joy even with the latest version. I have also tried
tweaking my evb.bin config file. I have everything work except
for this one problem with the sata drive port.

I was wondering if there is a place that the configuration file
used by the Android system when it boots could be found online,
or somehow retrieved from the Mele's Android system. I am very
new to ARM based systems and still trying to learn how U-boot
works. Mostly lived in the land of Intel's and SPARC64.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for us that would be great.