[Arm-netbook] Cross-compiling an armhf kernel package on Debian amd64?

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Mon Oct 8 07:35:53 BST 2012

Hello,

Can someone please point me to a good howto on cross-compiling and creating an
armhf kernel package on Debian amd64?

Ubuntu has stuff like [1][2] but there is nothing of that sort in Debian.
Emdebian toolchains seem to support armel only. Linaro packages seem to be
i386, not amd64, which creates problems (e.g. fakeroot can't be used).

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/oneiric/armhf-cross-toolchain-base
[2]
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/03/27/cross-compiling-the-arm-linux-kernel-in-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

I could consider trying to use the above Ubuntu toolchain on Debian, but that
does not sound like a good approach (likely will bring over a million of other
Ubuntu dependencies and break stuff).

--
With respect,
Roman