[Arm-netbook] Kernel proliferation

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Tue May 15 13:36:25 BST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:
> So we appear to have about a bajillion different kernels of various
> different versions and statuses.
>
> Is there an 'official' good kernel that we should be doing development
> on, and that patches etc should be submitted for? And, more importantly,
> one which is curated? (No point submitting patches unless somebody's
> there to accept them...)

I'm not aware of anyone maintaining the tree in alioth, as of the repo
I host on github (https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner) I
personally care for: (in order of preference)

* allwinner-v3.0-android-v2: for those building ICS or linux, based on
the Qware's source drop, with sun5i unremoved and getting fixes and
sun3i support ported from the v1 tree. still no SATA!)
* lichee-v3.0-sun4i (built upon Qware's source drop, for those trying
in inject modules in a preinstalled ICS)

and soon to be spawned linux-v3.2-sunxi for Ubuntu/Linaro 12.04
compatibility (and hopefully other distributions also based on 3.2)
forward ported but un-androidized allwinner-v3.0-android-v2