[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Mikael Hreidarsson 47mikael at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:31:57 BST 2012

On 07/30/2012 12:17 PM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
> On 30 July 2012 13:41, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   but before doing that, we need to define what people would be
>> prepared to fund!  we have on one extreme end, gordan who loves 15in
>> 1920x1080 laptops, and on the other extreme we have the 10in
>> form-factor with *shudder* 1024x600 LCDs.  i think we have enough
>> sense, collectively, to appreciate that skimping on the screen is bad?
>> thus a minimum can be set of 1280x768.
>>
>>   i'd be inclined to go for adapting a straightforward preexisting 12in
>> x86 "no-brand" laptop.  12in with a 1280x768 (or 1280x800) LCD is the
>> right sort of size.  keep the battery the same, so that it can still
>> be bought off-the-shelf.  still make it possible to take a 2.5in SATA
>> drive.
> are 1366x768 ~12" harder to find or notably more expensive?

13.3" displays with  1366x768 resolution are pretty common now and the
case used in the Mac Airbook clone in the included link
seems to a standard case that should be available now for others
manufacturer,  it was originally used by Thread Technology
in Taiwan for their Allwinner A10 Airbook that I have not been able to
find anywhere for sale
(not on Alibaba/Aliexpress, not on Taobao.com and not on eBay).
http://enzo-tech.en.alibaba.com/product/505319236-211946619/Attractive_ultra_thin_OEM_13_3inch_airbook_laptop_computer.html
Additionally 13.3 LCDs with 1920x1080 are available for those who crave
FHD displays (they just cost $$$$$ and an effort to source them).