[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Mon Jul 30 11:38:58 BST 2012

On 30 July 2012 12:11, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Wojciech Meyer
> <wojciech.meyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm trying to find a nice netbook based on ARM. I've been trying to
>> google, but without much luck - apart from finding this mailing list.
>
>> Any advices?
>
>  working on it!  once the A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card is completed, there
> will be a 14in laptop made which takes EOMA-68 CPU Cards.  that may
> take a while.  there is an alternative: the actual cost of conversion
> - developing the I/O Board - is only about $2000 in NREs
> (non-recurring expenses), so is worthwhile doing as a "group buy" to
> have a batch of laptops made up.

as the idea of crowdfunding the card has been rejected [1] and 14" is
kind of the worst laptop screen ever, can we have a crowdfunded [2]
variant (or variants) of that eoma68 laptop for people who wants a
*good* eoma68 laptop regardless what that "laaaarge company" plans to
sell in .cn?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.netbook.arm/4146
[2] kickstarter and their stupid rules isn't the only option. see
http://pleasefund.us or http://www.verkami.com for example.