[Arm-netbook] Looking for an ARM Netbook !

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 5 14:49:30 BST 2012

Regarding whether Atom chipsets  have Intel VT (soft OOB), Nil wrote:
"Virtualisation might be a feature used by OOB management software, but
> they are not the same thing. (the article below is about the embedded Atom, which is a different product line, has different firmware, and often uses different support chipsets. It is nearly never seen in consumer equipment.)"

Intel® Atom™ Processor Z500 Series and Intel® Atom™ Processor E600
Series have Intel VT.
http://ark.intel.com/Products/VirtualizationTechnology
Intel Atom Z500 was in netbooks.

The Acer Aspire One 722 netbook model AO722-0879 that I returned because
my abuser's hackers hacked AMD-V virtualization technology. It has an
AMD Dual-Core C-60 which has AMD-V. See
http://cpu-data.info/index.php?grp=AMD%20C-60&gr=-1&lng=1. This Acer
netbook is the most widely sold netbook in the United States. Best Buy,
Walmart and up to two months ago Staples sold it. Hardware-assist
virtualization (HAV) is now widely prevalent.

Beware cell phones will soon have ARM's TrustZone!