[Arm-netbook] AMD APU's in EOMA and ARM SOC's with PCIe

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:05:30 GMT 2012

2012/1/23 Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>:
> sön 2012-01-22 klockan 18:23 -0600 skrev Bari Ari:
>
>> Nah just a small hole in the metal case with a momentary contact switch
>> beneath. Or on the face opposite the EOMA68 connector where we are
>> planning on microSD and USB-OTG etc. Not a big deal.
>
> To save space on the external edge I proposed having the micro-SD on one
> of the internal edges, together with the recovery switch, both behind a
> single door with a small screw holding it in place. But yes it means a
> little bit of case work.

  ok, it _is_ actually possible to fit Micro Type D HDMI which is
absolutely tiny, it's about the same size as USB-OTG, USB-OTG itself,
a Micro-SD and a 2.5mm headphone jack all into the 55 mm width with
room to spare.

 there is a piece of plastic that contains all these connectors, into
which a single small switch can be embedded as well.

 redoing metal case-work is neither desirable nor necessary.  it would
delay product release by up to 8 to 10 weeks and add to the NREs
(Non-Recoverable Expenses i.e. development costs).