[Arm-netbook] ARM SOC Pricing

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jan 18 18:34:40 GMT 2012

On 01/18/2012 06:03 PM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> It's 4+1. You run either the single low-power core or up to quad
> high-power cores, they can  not run at he same time. It can switch
> between the two modes pretty fast however. The  different cores
> are even made at different manufacturing processes to optimize
 > powera/performance in the two modes.

If it's anything like Nvidia's current efforts, the chances are that the
switch will be done purely in software (i.e. Linux kernel), and it is
not at all clear that if you doctor their implementation it won't be
possible to run all 5 at the same time.

> I can imagine that the details in how it switches may be interesting as for a short while you have no cores running...

I suspect it's the other way around - for a short while you'll have all
5 cores running.

Gordan