[Arm-netbook] ARM SOC Pricing

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:26:48 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
> The Allwinner A12 Cortex a8 single core 1.2GHz for $5 in oem volumes
> sets the bar pretty high.

 A10 is $7 this year... oh wait, A12?  yes.

> Tegra2 Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9 1GHz pricing is in the $15-20 range.

 wow.  that was the price range of the S5PV210 a couple of years ago.

> Tegra3 Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9 1GHz is not that far off.
>
> Apple Dual Core Cortex A9 1GHz A5 as well.
>
> TI omap44xx Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9 1GHz as well.
>
> This is the price range an ARM SOC has to be in to be competitive in OEM
> volumes with equivalent specs or nobody will buy them.

 it's just crazy, isn't it?

 the only one that's exciting is that 28nm 2.5ghz A9600 because it's
one of the first Cortex A15 CPUs - everything else is competing on
price, and pretty much nothing else.

 we're damn lucky to have access to that allwinner a10.