[Arm-netbook] winner A10 official source

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Jan 10 22:23:29 GMT 2012

tis 2012-01-10 klockan 06:05 +0000 skrev lkcl luke:

> > I haven't dug into it that much, it looks like an awfully organized, smashed together archive... There is an android buildroot and some source files. Mostly scripts and makefiles. Tons of building files. Theres also a PIO controller pdf file, lots of stuff that could help the kernel developers out, but at the same time, lots of .doc files, some windows binaries... Not exactly linux friendly and boy is this messy.. In short, this needs to be deciphered and cleaned up.. a lot. Some firmware documentation. Maybe some things that might interest the U-Boot developers and help them out as well.
>
>   ok - i think this is all duplicates of what's already available, ah well.

Contents:

android2.3.4\
   Exact contents not analysed (not very interesting)

crane_sdk_docs\
    most documents in chineese
        A10_Android内容定制说明文档V2.1.pdf v2.1
        A10 EVB Changelog.doc
        A10 EVB Manual--2011.8.30.pdf   v1.1
        A10 lcd 用户配置手册.doc
        A10 PIO Controller.pdf          2011.10
        crane_3g_list.txt
        crane_ethernet_list.txt
        crane_fex_guide.doc             0.1
        Crane_Quick_Guide.txt           1.00 (unfinished)
        how to config, pack, download firmware v1.0.doc
        Lichee_Linux_BSP_Guide.doc      0.1
        Q_A.txt

lichee/
        linux-2.6.36  A10 2.6.36 tree
        buildroot     Some Linux buildroot with many standard packages.
        buildroot/boot/u-boot/ A10(?) u-boot + boot firmware files
        including some version of brom.

tools/
    a big pile of boot firmware files & tools, many copies
    mostly windows, but there is also a set of tools for Linux.

The copy of brom found there seem to support x-modem download and nand
flash, so it's probably not the real thing based on what have been
described earlier. I.e. no obvious traces of sdcard or spi-nor flash
bootup.

boot0 is sufficiently small to be analyzed in detail if needed.

boot1 seems to do many things, a lot of which is redundant with u-boot.

boot.axf seem to be completely redundant when using u-boot. Not sure
it's needed at all.

Regarding the tools:

The translation from text config file to binary format seems to be
trivial.

Regards
Henrik