[Arm-netbook] urgent: laptop I/O Board - IC selection needed for Battery charging and monitor, LCD Backlight PWM and power supply, and AC97 USB Audio

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:01:50 BST 2012

allo simon,

yes that initially looks good... except...

"The SMB347 is a programmable single-cell lithium-ion/lithium-polymer
battery chargers designed for a variety of portable applications."

the key feature which makes it unsuitable is "single-cell".

i think.... i think.... it may be necessary to just have a hardware
charging circuit and just have a battery monitor IC rather than
anything else.   i know some of these big 6-cell batteries come with
built-in charging on an I2C circuit: at this point we just don't know
if that's what's in the sample laptops being converted.

... yes, we've asked the client to provide them ASAP... :)

l.