[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Auto-discard notification

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:29:06 GMT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <arm-netbook-bounces at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
Date: Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Subject: Auto-discard notification
To: arm-netbook-owner at lists.phcomp.co.uk

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Philip Hands <phil at hands.com>
To: lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com>, Tom Cubie <tangliang at allwinnertech.com>
Cc: Linux on small ARM machines <arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:36:07 +0000
Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] u-boot for A10
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:57:17 +0000, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Tom Cubie <tangliang at allwinnertech.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >     Currently i'm working on u-boot for sunxi(sun4i,sun5i) at
> > allwinner. The port is based on u-boot 2011.9-rc1 and nand usb and mmc
> > card driver is working. The code is GPL. But contains some nasty code,
> > need to do some cleanning. I want to put the tree public, let other
> > people access it and use it. Where should i put it? Can i put it in the
> > arm-netbook repository?
>
>  achh, in preparation for exactly this, i have a project pending
> approval on alioth for u-boot, but i still haven't heard back yet, and
> it's been well over a week.  the arm-netbook repository can only take
> one git repo (there's a 1-1 relationship).

Erm, there already is an alioth u-boot repo, but never mind that for the
moment, we can sort that out later.

>  phil, would you mind setting up a gitolite repository named "u-boot"
> on free, adding also a domain name "git.rhombus-tech.net"?

Here's one I prepared earlier  ;-)

 http://git.hands.com/u-boot

(which is now also available as http://git.rhombus-tech.net/u-boot,
although I'm not sure if that makes things clearer or more confusing)

>  tom could you send me an ssh public key (and phil) just in case phil
> says "yes"? :)

That's added.

FYI the branches that currently exist there are:

 master -- that's the master branch from Clint Adam's packaging of
 u-boot for Debian, as found on alioth:

   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/u-boot.git;a=summary

 denx -- the upstream source, from here:

   http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary

 patch-queue/master and lbwf-kludges -- don't worry about these,
 they're just some trivial patches done for a client of mine.

Tom, feel free to branch off whichever of those makes most sense, or use
what you already have, and create a new branch for your work.

If anything's unclear about that, feel free to ask any questions you
like -- don't worry about breaking things, gitolite will stop you doing
much damage, and if manage to get past that somehow I have copies
elsewhere I can restore from.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. Luke, I've added your key to that repo too.
--
|-|  HANDS.COM Ltd.                    http://www.uk.debian.org/