[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E: don't try to use http://ftp.uk.debian.org to upgrade libc6

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:56:32 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 22/2/10, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> did you include sys.ini ... Cos neeed
>> it on the 7" when i tried to
>> install another OS
>
> Is this older 7" netbook also using the mid-fun firmware?
>
> When you install another OS on it, does it directly boot from the SD card ignoring the internal NAND flash or does it look for files on the SD card and write them directly to the internal flash?
>
> Has anyone worked out how to read the boot loader and kernel images off the netbook. The internal storage is /dev/mmcblk which contains a normal partition table and ext4 filesystems.

 yes, but have you tried mounting them?

 on mine, partition 1 (which i of course can't now access) was full of
what looked like crap: it wouldn't mount.  i suspected that this
partition contained "direct" data - a kernel, u-boot etc. which the
S3C6410 would read direct into memory and execute.

 adam's sent several requests (over the chinese new year) now for the
quotes firmware quotes and has pointed out that one of the machines is
now in an unusable state.

 people are now sort-of back to work, so we should get a response soon.