[Arm-netbook] Report from meeting with Seatron and another factory ...

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Mon Apr 12 07:43:19 BST 2010

Hello Adam,

> >>3. 3G card slot is available
> >>a) I have 2 samples of the 3G card slot, one of which I'll send to
> >>Luke and the other I'll use for my machine. If anyone else need one
> >>please let me know as Seatron will sell these - sample prices!
> >Do you ow, which 3G modules they use?
> WILL FIND OUT WE CAN CHOOSE

Do you have figured out, which connectivity it use?
I mean SPI, USB or UART?

> >Which VGA Chip is used?
> WILL FIND OUT - SOME PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE SAMPLES HAD A VGA CHIP INSTALLED

It will be very intersting for me because I search for one whch  can  be
connected directly to the 24bit RBGB  interface  of  the  microcntroller
through a switch.

> >Do you now the Main-Wifi module?
> THERE IS PICTURE OF IT HERE:
> www.asiasourcing.net/ctpc89e/seatron/IMG_3142.jpg

OK, this is a standard Mini-PCIe one.

> >>c) GPS chip - yes the the design already accomodates a GPS module -
> >>if required,
> >Which?
> will find out

It seems, most GPS modules are too expensive...

I use the Maxim MAX2769 Chip and it is  connected  through  SPI  to  the
microcontoller and it just works!

> >>e) Space for a third wi-fi - but this chipset is more expensive than
> >>the PCIe version

Ehm, Mini-PCIe are for the mass-market and most On-Board Chips are  more
or less professional use and have in 99% of all cases more performance.

> >Which?
> don't know ... will find out .... :-)

:-D

> >Hmmm, I am already working on such design, but as TabletPC in format  A4
> >(300x210x25mm) but using the Marvel Armada Series (not 300).
> >I like to get the maximum size of a TFT into this format, so  if  anyone
> >can recommend me transmissive Displays with a physical dimension of less
> >then 260x190mm (~12") and a resolution of up to 1024x768 please  let  me
> >know.
> I have source some touch screens  - will accept just overlay? or you
> need built in touch screen ...

I think I have to experiment withit because my TabletPC shoud be Water-
and Dust-Proof.  Maybe I integrate the TouchScreen  into  the  topcover
of the TabetPC.

The problem is, to find the right one for the Display...

> I can buy just the replacement touch screen for mobile phone/pda in
> Shenzhen -- and maybe this area have larger size also ...

The biggets one are arround 19" (like my AUO TFT Display)

> what model is nearest to what you want? I think i-pad replacement
> lcd will be availavle soon and that size is closer to what you want?

I do not even know the physical size of the iPad.  :-D
Apple won't give me a free sample for evaluating.  :-P

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    24V Electronic Engineer

--
         Development and Production of Low-Energie Electronics,
            Computer Hardware and Solar/Wind-Energie Systems

electronica at tdnet France        electronica at tdnet UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Gesch. Michelle Konzack         Gesch. Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz               Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France         77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil       Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.electronica.tamay-dogan.net/>    <http://www.can4linux.org/>
<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>            <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>