[MayHeydays] May Heydays 2023 - January update

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 11:54:39 GMT 2023

Dear Festival Supporters,

You may be pleased to hear that we have already received more bookings
for this year - one day before the end of the Early-Bird phase - than we
had total ticket sales for the 2022 festival. So, all those of you who
came and enjoyed last year obviously went home and spread the news about
it. Thank you!

And we're not done yet. There is one day left to buy at the Early-bird
rate (£97, go for it!) and then full weekend tickets will be available
at £115, plus evening and full day tickets will go on sale from April
1st. Also, a few steward bookings can still be accepted.

If you have a look at the programme page on the website, you'll see that
we have expanded quite considerably on last year's programme, and we may
yet add extra evening dances if we feel that would be advantageous.

While the programme content is pretty much fixed, individual workshops
may still be swapped around, so please don't print the programme until
the last minute. If you scroll down below the programme spreadsheet,
you'll find workshop/dance descriptions. We are still adding to those.

We WILL print out a few programmes and descriptions to be displayed at
the festival and put them up in strategic places.

Callers' training programme: David and Kathryn Wright still have spaces
on these excellent workshops; you can join too, if you contact Mecki
before 1 March. There are advanced preparations to be done, so please
don't leave it until the last minute!

we know a few people have said they will help with MHD doing the
preparation of the teas and coffees during breaks; if this was some time
ago or you would now like to offer, do let us know (or remind us) so
that we have a clear idea of who we can call on before the event gets
underway. We would also appreciate some offers of ‘village hall size’
teapots….

Looking forward to a buzzing festival!

Mecki and team

Please reply to this via: director at mayheydays.org.uk or