[MayHeydays] News from the M.H.D. coalface

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 15:52:20 GMT 2023

Dear Supporters

Thanks to all who responded so well to our last announcement in
mid-December, upping E.B. bookings by 38% and maintaining ‘newbie’
levels at about 24%.
But, way to go, folks! I don’t know about you, but I hate it when we
manage to miss the ‘early-bird treats’ from such as Chippenham, Sidmouth
or Lichfield, so this is our last reminder to get your booking forms in
soon. Money needs to be in our bank - or cheques in my hands - by
midnight on 31st January (special deliveries accepted!).

After that, Weekend tickets are £115 and steward tickets £57 each.  And
we still need more stewards....

Now, words from our sponsor:

Where are all you budding callers? Remember David and Kathryn Wright
will be organising caller training sessions again this year, so if you
want to brush up your style and have a chance to call a dance or two for
a festival audience, get your names to Mecki:
director at mayheydays.org.uk.

Likewise, there is this year's Original Contra Dance competition, with
space for a few more entries - see
https://mayheydays.org.uk/rules23.html.
This event went very well last year when the dance style was Playford -
come on, you Contra lovers, step up to the plate!

A lift needed:
We have one performer coming in from Rumania and she will need picking
up from Birmingham on Friday 28th afternoon and returning to the airport
on Tuesday 2nd at 9am. Anyone booked or planning to book who thinks they
could help, please let us know and we will sort out a deal w.r.t. to
ticketing or petrol money.

Best wishes

Monty & Mecki, The MHD Paired Office Sharers.