[MayHeydays] May Heydays - postponement to 2021

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 18:26:08 GMT 2020

May Heydays Hopefuls,

In view of the general situation – the government telling over 70s to
stay at home for the next 3 months, event organisers including folk
dance clubs cancelling events nationwide and our foreign callers being
stopped from coming into the country (or getting back home) - the
committee has decided that we cannot run May Heydays in 2020. We will
therefore postpone it until next year.

As previously stated, you can have your ticket money held over for
2021 or apply for a refund, to tickets at mayheydays.org.uk.
Those who booked for camping could, if they wish, elect for a refund
just of the camping money (unless they paid via the agency).

Please note that we cannot make cheque payments so your refund request
will be processed by a bank transfer.

Whilst we do have the bank info from payments received by cheque, to
be on the safe side please confirm them to us. If you paid by bank
transfer direct to May Heydays we will also need you to let us have
the full relevant re-payment details (account name, sort code, account
number).

You may do this, for example, by a single email to
tickets at mayheydays.org.uk, by split of info in two or more emails, or
by phone to Monty Crook on 01308 423 442.

For the limited number who booked via WeGotTickets, you will also have
the option to hold your money over to next year. Any refund requested
will be paid by the agency. We will give more info on this when we
have confirmed the details.

Please give us a couple of weeks to consult with everyone who may have
incurred costs on our behalf. Most of our suppliers/performers/De
Montfort school will not charge us anything at all, so the total of
incurred costs we will need to recover will be quite minor in the
great scheme of things. Once we know what our total cost is for 2020,
we will apportion this cost to all ticket holders (except, for those
paying via WeGotTickets, where we will not be able to make any such
retention).

We will have a full bank holiday festival next year (unless the
government decides to delay VE Day celebrations for a year!) - for
which we have lined up Geoff Cubitt, Colin Hume and Kalia Kliban as
our main callers and a wide variety of bands: Contrasaurus, ECDB,
Knotted Chord, Jon Berger & friends, Keeping Thyme, Momentum, Portland
Drive and the Derby duo of Doug Eunson and Sarah Matthews. We have not
yet booked an International dance teacher but will do so in due course.

So, something to look forward to at the end of this tunnel!

Note that the ticket prices for next year will be somewhat higher than
for this year's shortened festival, and there will be a small extra
amount to pay for those who do not request a refund this year.

We are very sorry to be the bearer of such disappointing (but probably
not unexpected) news, especially as we have all invested many hours in
getting it off the ground, and, of course, we were looking forward to
the weekend as much as you.

It was not to be.

We extend our best wishes for good health during the coming difficult months.

The May Heydays Committee

Tel 01308 423 442