[MayHeydays] Dance competition and ticket deadline

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 10:09:59 GMT 2020

1. May Heydays: Annual Original Dance Competition

The festival proposes in this and future years to invite any caller
out there to devise an original composition to be danced and judged by
dancers at the event, with a single winner. The author's attendance at
the festival would be very  welcome but is not a condition of entry.

This year's genre will be "Playford-style", by which loose term we
mean a dance which might have been published between 1651 and 1801.

The tune used will not be part of the competition, but may be new or
existing, or a description can be given of the music required (such as
3 x 32 bar smooth jigs).

The dance must be suitable for an ordinary dance club in England,
rather than for a display team or workshop.

Full rules for the competition will be published shortly.

2. The Deadline is Nigh

Today's the day, so don't delay, to book your place at May Heydays
It must be said, no other way, tomorrow morn the price we raise…...

Early-bird weekend ticket today: £85
Weekend ticket from Feb 1st: £97

(With apologies to those already booked and anyone who appreciates
accomplished verse).

Mecki and the team