[MayHeydays] May Bank Holiday 2020 and May Heydays Festival

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Sat Jun 8 15:39:06 BST 2019

Hi

This comes from Mecki Testroet as director of May Heydays 2020.

I am writing to all EIFF/May Heydays supporters, booked performers and
other interested parties with respect to May Heydays 2020 at Evesham,
in light of the government decision announced yesterday to move the
May 2020 Bank Holiday from Monday 4th May to Friday 8th May. My
apologies if some of you get a similar mail more than once due to
being on more than one list.

As organisers we now have the added complication of having to decide
whether to stick with the 1st – 4th weekend or move the festival to
Thursday 7th – Sunday 10th May.

The Evesham school will let us know shortly if they can close on the
4th to honour our booking. We will also ask whether they could host
the festival from Thursday 7th to Sunday 10th May.

If the school CAN still accommodate us from 1st  - 4th  May, we are
inclined to stick to those dates but appreciate that some artists and
supporters may actually have to go into their work on the Monday. For
performers we could try to counteract that with programming on Monday
those who would still be able to attend that day.

Could you let us know as soon as possible what your own situation as a
possible attendee might be if we stick with 1st – 4th May AND if we
move to 7th - 10th?

Thank you for that and any other comments.

We are astounded at this late decision by the government which is
bound to affect adversely thousands of people and you might be
interested to know a petition has already been started to try to get
8th May declared as an additional not a re-scheduled Bank Holiday. If
interested, click this link to sign the petition:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/263961/sponsors/new?token=IoDnyddNSTPWpwVmxtBD

Regards

Mecki Testroet

Please reply to