[Arm-netbook] Status update

Brian Sammon arm-netbook at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 21 22:05:38 GMT 2022

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 22:02:10 +0100
Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> And perhaps, instead of chasing up Mr Waid, with whom I have no contractual
> relationship, Crowd Supply might exercise their expertise in ensuring that
> this project will not fail, given that they are so proud of their perfect
> record and of "carefully vetting and working with our projects".

I agree with this.

This is kind of where I was going with my mention of "legal action".  If CrowdSupply is marketing themselves as a better alternative to the "donate to a project and maybe you'll get something" that Kickstarter and others seem to be known for, then I think we could hold them to that.  If they're trying to position themselves as a professionally-run business-transaction version of crowd-funding, then as a backer, my business relationship is with CrowdSupply, and it seems reasonable that I should be able to expect them to provide/arrange remedies, and deal with the other parties (such as ThinkPenguin) as subcontractors who made promises to CrowdSupply.

If this gets to the point of a Social Media publicity/shaming campaign, I would suggest that pointing the bad publicity at Crowd Supply is worth considering as an alternative/complement to directing bad publicity at ThinkPenguin.