[Arm-netbook] OpenPOWER virtual coffee continues every Tuesday UTC 22:00

Ibrahim Ghazal imgx64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:50:25 BST 2020

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 15:18, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> sadly though they over-rode common sense *and blatantly disregarded
> the results of a major poll/vote* by making systemd the default.

What vote is that? There have been two Debian "General Resolutions"
about systemd. The result of the first one in 2014 [1] was "General
Resolution is not required" meaning that the topic wasn't appropriate
for a vote at the time.

The second one was done in 2019 [2]. The winning option was "Systemd
but we support exploring alternatives". Further to disprove your
point, the very last option was "Support for multiple init systems is
Required".

In conclusion: No, the Debian developers did not "disregard the result
of a major poll/vote" about systemd.

[1] https://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_003
[2] https://www.debian.org/vote/2019/vote_002