[Arm-netbook] How about an opensource nuclear reactor?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 22:02:56 GMT 2020

On Monday 9. March 2020 23.02.30 David Niklas wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 00:07:44 +0000 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> > 100 megawatt.  err.. where do you source the uranium or plutonium?
> >
> > err.....
>
> AFAIK, you buy it from the US gov. in the USA. For other countries you
> may have to trade to obtain some as not every country produces their own.

In other words, you either have to be on a list or get yourself onto a list.
One of those kinds of list isn't the kind you want to be on. And the uranium
and plutonium is on a different kind of list altogether, but that's the reason
for those other lists. :-)

Meanwhile, some related reading just came up:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200309-are-small-nuclear-power-plants-safe-and-efficient

I guess we're all on someone's recommended reading list.

Paul