[Arm-netbook] Could you explain the details of the 3D mesa driver you need?

David Niklas doark at mail.com
Thu Mar 5 03:43:20 GMT 2020

Dear luke,
I've been very curious about this, but I've waited until you were stuck in
some place before asking so as not to busy you.
I'm not arrogant enough to say I'll create the 3D mesa driver or even go
beyond theorizing, but I'm very eager to learn.

1. How do we know when it works? Is there HW or an emulator system we can
use?
2. How do we know it's fast enough? What do we benchmark it with?
3. What exact APIs do you want implemented?
4. Do you want it in assembly with C and/or C++ bindings or in one or both
of C/C++?
5. Are there any special assembly instructions that this will need?

If there's anything else you think would be useful, do tell.

Thanks,
David