[Arm-netbook] 2.7.4 preproduction sample, 1.7 MD, Questions

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sun Jul 19 16:28:27 BST 2020

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 01:17:21PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Sid (unstable) still has gcc-4.9 and even gcc-4.7 native armhf packages
> > so this could be another solution I have not tested yes as I have no
> > armhf sid installation.
>
> arse.  this is the earliest i can find so far.
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-6-cross/
>
> that *might* be back far enough to work.

debian does have an archive site somewhere where they keep totally
obsolete and discontinued distributions.  It may be worth while looking
for it.  I no longer have the link to that site, but I did use it once
to find a discontinued package.  I managed to download the source
package.  However, it had so many build-time dependencies that is turned
out to be essentially useless.

gcc just might have fewer dependencies.  Maybe you can still find the
one that works for you.

-- hendrik