[Arm-netbook] about Risc-V and Power,

zap zapper at disroot.org
Sat Jan 4 01:49:03 GMT 2020

>> I will wait to see your
>> plans and whether you plan to make your own risc-v or openpower
>> processor then.
> both.
>
> absolute to-the-letter RV64GC compliance in *userspace*... *ONLY*.
> with full POWER compliance in ***BOTH*** userspace  ****AND**** kernelspace.
Hmm, okay sounds good, thanks for clearing up that mystery. Still I do
love that risc-v is supposedly ultra lightweight. Too bad about their
dracoian methods... ;/ They really are like the mozilla of processors.

>> Oh, okay. I wonder how much the softcore's use in watts.
>>

>> https://openpowerfoundation.org/openpower-summit-north-america-2019-introducing-the-microwatt-fpga-soft-cpu-core/
> a lot, compared to an ASIC - this is to be expected.
At least  until the power developers make some ultra lightweight
processors right? Whenever that happens...