[Arm-netbook] Free ASIC fab. for open designs

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 03:54:59 BST 2020

> On Aug 25, 2020, at 14:57, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday, August 25, 2020, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:
>>
>> It seems that is a 130nm fab, based in the USA somewhere.
>
> yes.
>
> it is around 25 sq mm and an 80 pin QFP fixed package.

Very nice!  That sounds really cool from the perspective of someone who got a big kick out of VLSI Design class but never had the budget to run a personal design through to packaged dies.

80 pins and 25 sq mm at 0.13μm with free digital and analog cell designs.

Now, I wonder how quickly the free toolchain will solidify?