[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20, MD 1.7 severe Power Problems

Pablo Rath pablo at parobalth.org
Tue Aug 11 09:07:14 BST 2020

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:29:07PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Sunday, July 26, 2020, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:
>

> > I have a power supply from a Huawei Tablet (Output 5V, 2A) and one from
> > an old Ipad Mini (Output 5V, 1A) both with a wall plug and a female USB
> > socket.
>

> ok you need... a male to male cable.
>

> > Can I use one of them with a standard USB 2.0 USB A to USB A (male to
> > male) cable?
>

> yes that's the one.  usually used on laptop fan bases.

Bought and tried the cable but I have no working UART.
So far I have tried both USB-ports on the Micro Desktop, powering with
the USB-port of my laptop and with the power supply (Output 5V, 2A).
I think that the cable is working because it is new and it can load my
smartphone (with an additional USB-OTG female USB to Micro USB adapter).
Is there anything else I can try?
It is frustrating. Without UART connection I don't know if anything
happens at all when connecting the USB cable to the Micro Desktop.

Pablo