[Arm-netbook] NLNet Funding Proposals for the Libre RISC-V SoC: call for participation

David Niklas doark at mail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:43:56 BST 2019

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:16:17 +0800
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> https://libre-riscv.org/nlnet_2019_wishbone_streaming/
>
> Hagen we do not have much time left before Oct 1st so I just very
> quickly filled in some paragraphs.  It is more important to get
> something in that is brief and short, they will ask questions during
> the review process.
>
> If you can let me know, if you are happy with the above, or feel free to
> edit it direct?
>
> If anyone has any suggestions on anything else to add do say so [soon!]
>
> L.

It would be helpful if you defined "streaming" in this context, otherwise
people would not understand the importance of the project.

For example, I thought every type of data was a "stream" of 1s and 0s. So
streaming would be what every piece of HW would natively do well. It's
just a question of chunk size and protocol.

Thanks,
David