[Arm-netbook] STM32MP1

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Sep 21 14:06:22 BST 2019

Hello,

I saw that Olimex were getting excited about a ST Microelectronics SoC that,
at least in some forms, might be an interesting EOMA-related candidate, too:

https://olimex.wordpress.com/2019/09/03/stm32mp1-nice-candidate-for-new-industrial-grade-olinuxino-lime/

https://olimex.wordpress.com/2019/09/19/stm32mp1-olinuxino-development-update-we-managed-to-build-ubuntu-18-04-lts-with-linux-kernel-5-3-now-we-need-your-feedback-on-gpios/

Here's the actual product site (with the now "normal" nagging about cookies,
all enabled by default, and even spurious whining about my browser being "out
of date"):

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32mp1-series.html

As noted by Olimex, there's a variant (STM32MP157) with a "3D GPU". According
to the datasheet, this is a Vivante solution. Some people might be worried
about the main CPU specification, though: 650MHz dual-core Cortex-A7.

There's this interesting all-in-one module available, too:

https://octavosystems.com/octavo_products/osd32mp15x/

Olimex were a bit "sniffy" about this, mentioning the 512MB RAM of the
available modules, but it looks like future ones will have 1GB RAM.

Anyway, I hope this is interesting to someone out there.

Paul