[Arm-netbook] crowdsupply update 27sep2019 power regulators

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Nov 8 16:13:51 GMT 2019

On Sunday 29. September 2019 01.35.31 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> Ahh yes. The lovely fraud by china taobao sellers. Crack open the 200uF
> capacitor and it contains a 10uF one inside.
>
> Mike on the other hand has a solid relationship with his suppliers, one he
> buys a million components a year from.

Has anything else become known about this particular issue? Were the
regulators the only problem or only the first known problem? I guess travel
and logistics complicate things here, but I seem to remember it being
mentioned that replacement regulators were on their way.

Paul

P.S. I hope Canada is working out and is not too cold at this time of year
compared to your usual places of residence. ;-)

(I read recently that Canada doesn't have mandated national limits for lead in
public water supplies, which happens to be yet another huge concern for
marginalised communities, this alongside the matter of multinationals
apparently taking whatever drinkable water those communities might have had in
order to sell big-name bottled water to affluent consumers.)