[Arm-netbook] eoma68 a20 card production

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 21 12:06:10 BST 2019

(joshua appreciate you're busy with teardown, let's make this one short)

Mike got back to me, his engineer completed the review of the BOM, and we
managed to work out all of the information that had been lost by Mike's
long standing manager quitting with no notice.

The BOM still had components in it from the RTC, Ethernet and ONFI NAND,
and we had had to change 10uF 0805 to a pair of 0603 4.7uF - all 12 or so
of them - when there was that shortage caused by Apple, last year.

All of this was *supposed* to be documented as part of the pre-production
runs that cost USD 2500  a shot, so that the longer runs are far less risky
because a short trial run is supposed to prepare the engineers for the
longer one. We cannot keep doing that, it takes 2 to three months each
time, so we have to take the risk and go straight to QTY 100.

This is just how it is.

Patience is required. Success happens by solving each unknown and
unknowable issue that comes up.  However, it would be appreciated if people
would accept that this is not something that cannot be predicted, neither
what might happen next nor how long it will take.  Continuously asking
"when is shipping going to happen" the answer is, always and will always
be: until we have actual finished product ready to put into the hands of
the shipping agents, we don't know and we can't know. It really is as
simple as that.

L.

--
---