[Arm-netbook] Wikipedia policy change, list might care about

Jean Flamelle eaterjolly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 21:46:48 BST 2018

I wrote a proposal for a major policy change, which establishes
conditions for acceptable conditions to cite a primary or biased
secondary source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)#Wikipedia,_a_quatertiary_source.

Once in the past, Luke had trouble with a wikipedia article on EOMA
that got user-ified, because rigorous news coverage for eoma lacked.

Luke definitely noted a little known hypocrisy on wikipedia, which
stems from the official policy lagging with the convention on
wikipedia on general exceptions to reliability.

Since Luke came off as a special interest, perhaps undue scrutiny came
about and the rulebook got thrown around a bit.

I didn't read to deeply into the conversations back then and I got
inspired to write this proposal from my experience learning wikipedia
by reading the rules first before editing, noticing many potential
caveats, and arguing around the rules too effectively and realizing I
would only need to push criticisms and loopholes for probably about a
month of pointless back-and-forth on already made points before
letting it sink in that otherwise unreliable sources give credible
information in this case, for transparent or inferrable reasons.

--
CC0