[Arm-netbook] Latest Update

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 15:32:06 GMT 2018

On Thursday 18. October 2018 06.11.42 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > P.S. Still no progress from Crowd Supply on the latest update?
>
>  getting there

Thanks for posting this, with it being published yesterday:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/test-run-of-100-a20-cards-and-contract-work

I am sorry to hear about the hassle with the contracting and the disappointing
experience that seemed to result. It is unfortunate that organisations are
often incapable of being persuaded to function in a way that would actually
serve their best interests.

In my earlier consulting days, the mantra "appropriate quality" would be used
as an equivalent to the rather familiar "don't spend too much time on it".
What results from this is that people then don't do things properly, store up
trouble for the future, and then hope that the customer will pay again to make
things right. I guess it is an indication of how much of human society
operates: put things off, collect the immediate rewards, and leave the mess
for others to fix at their expense.

A note about Liberapay, though: it seems that they do support other payment
providers now. If you can tolerate PayPal (I cannot) then they are supported.
The other current option is Stripe.

In any case, I hope the test run works out and can pave the way for production
and the release of more funds.

Paul