[Arm-netbook] Testing: GPIO

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 23:12:24 GMT 2018

I /designed/ that circuitry in the micro-desktop. I still have the paper
copy somewhere...

You can also do it with a dedicated DAC chip, which is the
easy-but-expensive way I hinted at.

But we aren't testing /that/ part -- the micro-desktop -- are we? If we're
testing the /card/, the card does not output anything remotely like VGA,
and, therefore, some kind of conversion is necessary in order to attach it
to a VGA cable as was being proposed in the email I replied to about that.

All you really need for this is a laptop PCMCIA or CardBus card cage, an
IDE cable or two, a couple 4051s and toggle switches on a slice of
perfboard, a 9v battery with connector and switch, and a cheap USB logic
analyzer attached to a laptop. You use the 4051s, switched manually, and