[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 Prototype Status

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 5 05:23:22 BST 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:56 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 9:17 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any further updates on this situation? I imagine that the production
>>> schedule is more or less "when it is ready", as I have always understood it,
>>> but I did wonder whether there had been further progress with the prototypes.
>>
>>  arrived yesterday, testing them now, RAM's fine, checking HDMI.
>> dealing with RISC-V and recovering from four weeks of travelling to
>> six different places in four different countries.
>
>  fuckers sold the fucking DDR3x8 RAM ICs after we specifically asked
> them to hold it, they wouldn't accept a deposit, and said that they
> would hold stock whilst we tested samples.
>
>  fucking 3rd party sales agent fucking went and sold the chips: it was
> the last batch of 2,000 that they had.

 ok, so whew, i think what's happened is, they were so embarrassed by
the sales agent selling the last batch that they're actually going to
custom-order some more.  it'll take about a month to get them made,
and the nice thing is, they'll make 4,000.

 so we have all the RAM ICs to make 1,000 boards.

 whew.