[Arm-netbook] RK3399

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:59:19 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 4:57 AM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgive a top-post, please, Luke - I'm on my phone.
>
> Coreboot, IIRC, is a replacement for BIOS/UEFI. So if you have the original
> system's motherboard intact - in which case you cannot drop in the chip you
> want to drop in - you can replace the contents of what is essentially the
> boot ROM chip with coreboot. That's as far as that goes...

Ok so it doesn't really do that much on it's own. Got it, thanks. I
was thinking more along the lines of old thinkpads which have a decent
amount of reverse engineering done to them. Even the x230 has the
keyboard layout reverse engineered by a sysadmin who wanted to soehorn
the old 7 row on it.