[Arm-netbook] Crowsupply update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jan 14 10:04:07 GMT 2018

---

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2018, at 15:11, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:05 PM, Richard Wilbur
>> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was just wondering whether there were more GPIO lines we could test (by hook or by crook).  My goal is the best test coverage.
>>
>> i also have to think how to minimise testing time, as it will be
>> chargeable by the minute.  either that or i do it... get *everything*
>> shipped to my apartment.... oooo i always wanted an ultra-low-power
>> beowulf clusterrrr... ooooo :)
>
> From what I've seen, I think we can automate a lot of this so it takes
> a second or two per card.

 it'll be a bit longer than that :)

>  I expect our tall tentpole (the thing
> that's holding everything up) will be booting the card.  Do you know
> how long it takes the bootloader to come up from power on?

 it's about 1-2 seconds :)  there's a 3 second automated delay for
"user-input" which can be switched off.

>  How long
> does it take GNU/Linux to get to user login after that?

 initialisation of the linux kernel depends very much on which kernel
modules are compiled-in and which are modules, but let's say around
4-7 seconds.  there is quite a lot of "delay" built-in, such as
waiting for sd-cards to initialise, or waiting for this to
initialise,waiting for that etc.

 from /sbin/init to a full GUI is about another.... 10-15 seconds.