[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations--Taper

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 07:32:26 GMT 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:20 PM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that north of the long east-west transmission line, at the
> northern keepout boundary on layer 6, there are a couple of vias that
> have almost complete ground shield between the vias and the HDMI TX2
> pair.
>
> Question:  What is the fill polygon width for ground fill on layer 6?
>
> I can see two fairly simple solutions to complete the ground shield
> around these vias:
> 1.  Add traces to complete the ground shield between vias and HDMI
> differential pair.
> 2.  Adjust trace/fill polygon width for ground fill on layer 6 till
> the ground shield is complete.
>
> I'll sleep on it and take another look tomorrow morning.

Looks like you already addressed this in the latest gerbers!  Any
chance we could use another trace to even up the little dimples that
are left in the edge facing the differential pairs?

I glanced at parts of the rest of the board but it would be much more
straightforward with the schematics.  Do you have a way to compare
changes with previous versions of the board to see if PADS did
anything surprising behind your back?

Sincerely,
Richard