[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations--Taper

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 00:22:22 GMT 2018

On Jan 3, 2018, at 05:03, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> ok i'm done with the 0805 10uF capacitors, and mostly-done messing
> about looking at the gerber files for areas where ground tracks are
> missing.  currently i've added a keepout area around the DDR3 lines
> because that's what i've seen done in other designs.
>
> gotta get moving on this, richard - it'll be another 5-6 weeks if we
> miss the window of opportunity before chinese new year.

My initial feedback is it looks pretty nice.  I sat down, read the documentation for the gerber viewer that comes with KiCAD and started getting my feet wet.

One recommendation for now as I have to leave for choir rehearsal--do the same thing with additional ground traces north and south of the ESD pads on layer 6 as you did on layer 1 to bring the distance between pad and ground down from 15mil to around the same as the pad-to-pad spacing of the ESD component pads.