[Arm-netbook] Patent-Left

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Feb 24 09:21:46 GMT 2018

---

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:58 AM, Jean Flamelle <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:

> markets" release. Even if the standard is copyrighted that I doubt
> using that as a protection against a copy-cat of a "similar" standard
> has been tested in very many courts (I have no expertise to really
> advise).

 it does, and it has.  the cases that i've heard about have involved
Trademarks rather than Certification Marks: the same branch of law
applies.  it's very simple: if someone creates a "clone" and the
*clone* kills someone or starts destroying and/or damaging electronic
devices, someone has to take action.

 what would you prefer?  that someone *died* because someone made a
clone,,, just so they could make some money?

 https://noram.pecb.com/en/about-noram

 damn.  going to have to set something up that's pretty much exactly
like every single one of the *9* pages listed on the right-hand side.

 dang.