[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Jean Flamelle eaterjolly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 12:34:09 GMT 2018

>  nobody gets confused, world-wide, about the Certification Mark "BLE"
> or the Certification Mark "HDMI".
>
>  argh can't read the rest too busy, so sorry.  REALLY limited time right
> now.

Don't worry, I think I understand your point of view and I'm trying to
put it in terms everyone else can follow. At least, I hope that's what
I'm doing.

Those are pretty good examples of what I'm talking about.

If someone implements bad HDMI, then I assume they'll get sued if they
even mention the word HDMI. Likewise if a hobbyist documents hacking
an HDMI port to connect to a chip inside an adapter that converts it
composite video, they'll run into either geo-restrictions or legal
trouble, if that adapter fries the HDMI port.

In the US people can say whatever they want, but, elsewhere in the
world, they'll say 18-pin audio-video port to save their butts. And,
again, for good reason because of scam artists exploiting language
barriers.

BLE they will say custom wifi.

---

Luke has mentioned that if Intel makes a card the even looks slightly
confuse-able for an EOMA68, without being certified then that would be
infringement of the certification.

I presume HDMI has probably tested this in various courts, because, if
a someone implements bad HDMI, they can't just get away with it by
calling it something else. So that's another way how certification
law, could be stricter than copyright or trademark law. But, I find it
hard to believe patents owned by HDMI wouldn't be involved in securing
a case like that.