[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 05:54:21 GMT 2018

Quick post from phone, in my way to bed. Please excuse top-posting and
occasional typos, if present.

I have a proposal for Luke that I think would solve this problem instantly.

Let there be two "levels" of EOMA68. "EOMA68" by itself can be construed
from now on to mean "compatible with the standard in some reasonable way".
Then, /with a separate and distinct but visually similar/ logo - "EOMA68
Certified", which is exactly that.

Anything that can accept an EOMA68 CPU Card (Luke - is that still the right
term for the card with the guts?) is at least EOMA68. That's your
eBay-and-AliExpress bin, as well as where the hobbyists lurk, and everyone
already knows that junk to be questionable at best, so we take advantage of
that and use it for our own purposes.

HOWEVER, we simultaneously make sure that everyone /also/ knows that the
'good stuff' is EOMA68-Certified. If it's not -Certified, then it's not
trustworthy. Will it work? Maybe. We won't guarantee anything and we won't
warranty anything that isn't -Certified. In fact, if we want to be paranoid
and iron fisted - stick something in the license that voids all warranties
if an EOMA68-Certified device is connected to an EOMA68 non-certified
device. That's rude as heck, IMNSHO, but it does the job.

Of course, that's the so called 'Freemium' way of doing things - I friggin
hate 'freemium', it's usually incredibly dishonest - but, hey, maybe we can
do it right.

What say you, Luke? Float it or sink it... ow, my thumbs... g'nite ya'll...