[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Wed Feb 7 07:22:03 GMT 2018

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018, zap <calmstorm at posteo.de> wrote:

>> > Just my two cents, but this has gotten WAY off topic...
>> snip...
>>
>> Since I'm replying, I can see that the wording "Does anyone know if
>> Luke has..." seems more polite and proper is the scheme of things than
>> "Has Luke..."
>>
>> > So yeah, what is the pyra computer again?
>> 5" mini laptop/game console, very open as such things go:
>> https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/
> Interesting... I see, it looks like a very small laptop kind of like the
> size of a  nintendo ds...
>
> all though it has more options, buttons to press, and of course no
> crapware/proprietary crap.

Also, ludicrous attention to detail -- the previous incarnation took at
least an extra 6 months because they didn't like the feel of the gaming
nubs and/or their robustness so went through _many_ test versions and
suppliers IIRC.

If you want an open gaming platform that will survive several
generations, this is probably it.

(BTW I have no affiliation, and don't even own one as I'm not really
into games, but if my kids want such a thing they'll be getting these
rather than nintendos).

Cheers, Phil.