[Arm-netbook] What do 1,000 EOMA68-A20 PCBs look like?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Dec 6 16:57:24 GMT 2018

On Thursday 6. December 2018 09.58.51 Elena ``of Valhalla'' wrote:
> On 2018-12-05 at 17:40:29 +0100, Paul Boddie wrote:
> > Of course, Debian supports everything of interest, but then there has to
> > be a process of weeding out non-free packages and content.
>
> Note that this "process" simply involves not adding the 'non-free'
> repository to /etc/apt/sources.list. It's not silently added by default,
> the user/admin needs to make an explicit choice to add it.

Sorry, I meant in the context of being free enough for FSF endorsement.
Otherwise, there would be no need for distributions like PureOS, gNewSense,
and so on.

Discussion can be had about the FSF criteria, of course, but since Luke is
actually seeking such endorsement, the only thing that might be helpful for
him is to indicate to him that various FSF concerns are now addressed in the
more mainstream distributions, such as there not being random firmware
binaries in kernel packages, and so on. Since I don't track what Debian's
policy on such things is, bringing any new developments to his attention could
be useful and save him a lot of time and effort.

I tend to be wary about making any statements about Debian policy these days
since it tends to get me flamed by random people.

Paul