[Arm-netbook] libre-riscv, first update

David Niklas doark at mail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:25:53 GMT 2018

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:34:12 +0000
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/libre-risc-v/m-class/updates/why-make-a-quad-core-64-bit-soc-surely-there-are-enough-already
>
> in case anyone's interested, do subscribe to updates.  i'll post links
> here anyway.

luke, the kazan project says that it is a driver, whereas you say that it
is a GPU "Onboard the Libre RISC-V M-Class is the Kazan GPU,..." at:
https://www.crowdsupply.com/libre-risc-v/m-class

I accessed the link on the kazan git page to see the risc-v GPU at:
https://libre-riscv.org/3d_gpu/
I noticed that you began a paragraph without mentioning what the heck
the RVV thing is that you're talking about:
"one of the things that's lacking from RVV..."
Then you go off into "wonderland" explaining to us that gcc needs to have
something (???) done to it to support RVV. Then you say that such a job
would never have to be done again after Simple-V is through the
"Extension Proposal Process" for "one single parallel / vector / SIMD
instruction" without telling us why that would be the case and why no one
has done such a thing before to make supporting GPUs, or are we still
talking about RVV?, through gcc easier.

I also see no mention of llvm in there, would we need to add support in
both, only gcc, or what?

Thanks!