[Arm-netbook] hardware encrypted flash drive idea with gpl3 license

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 21:14:07 BST 2017

Forgive my inevitable naivety with regard to this sort of thing, but can't
gparted create encrypted partitions, and why wouldn't that be secure
enough...? My understanding is that it still takes a few hundred years to
crack AES encryption with a standard PC... and the average criminals who
are likely to blackmail you, I can't imagine they're well funded enough to
buy a supercomputer sufficient to pop the lid on those things in a
reasonably timely fashion.

Of course, if you piss off the Russian Mob, that's different, at least
potentially... but that's also a comparatively pretty rare circumstance,
I'd think.